This is a challenge to all GTA: San Andreas fans!
Street Race: Country Endurance (San Fierro street race)
Easy challenge: Beat my previous time of 4:45.
Hard challenge: Beat my best time of 4:32.
1. No cheats, mods, etc.
2. Start the race at any time.
3. Show your race in a video response
If you are up to the challenge, record a video and post it as a video response! :-D
* Drive carefully. Compared to the other street races in GTA: San Andreas, Country Endurance is pretty much an endurance race, meaning that it's all about getting across the finish line. It is not uncommon that you'll wreck your car during the race, forcing you out of the race. Especially watch out for the other cars (random vehicles as well as your competitors) during the start. Since the race starts close to the entrance to a tunnel, you'll have little space between your car and the others, making some crashes likely.
* Shake the competition. Getting ahead of your competitors at the start of the game lets you concentrate on the road rather than the competition. At least a few competitors are probably going to crash in the tunnel near the start or go over a cliff. Your best bet is really to focus on avoiding the other cars whenever possible - even just a little contact with another car can mean some serious race time lost.
* Drive during the evening/night. A little known fact about this race is that there is little or no traffic on the roads in the Badlands area of the map during the late evenings/nights. This means as you leave the San Fierro area, you can actually push the car to the limit with little care for other vehicles other than your competitors. Be careful, however, when you get closer to Los Santos and later San Fierro once again, as the traffic picks up at that time. The drawback to racing during the night is that vision will not be as good as during the day, but with a few attempts you'll learn where during the race you'll need to slow down.
Friday, August 22, 2008
This is a challenge to all GTA: San Andreas fans!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
A gameplay walkthrough of the mission "Cap The Collector" given at the printing works ($ map marker) in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. This mission is part of the game's main storyline missions.
Summary: Having built a crime empire in Vice City, the showdown between Tommy Vercetti and Sonny Forelli of Liberty City is coming closer as Sonny sends his collectors down to Vice City to tax Tommy's business fronts. It's up to Tommy to put an end to the collectors actions and to protect his budding empire.
Requirements: Cop Land (V) and the Printing Works asset + 5 more assets completed
Suggested equipment: A good vehicle + 500 rounds of SMG ammo
Unlocks mission(s): Keep Your Friends Close... (V)
How to unlock this mission: Many people, understandably, find unlocking this mission difficult because it isn't obvious what is needed to get here. Hopefully this will help you if you are in this position.
What you need to do is three things (in any order you like):
* complete the mission Cop Land (which is given at the Vercetti mansion (V) as part of the "Protection Ring" series of missions - all of these are given at various locations at the mansion)
* complete the mission Hit The Courier (which is given at the Printing Works asset ($) - the Printing Works is a large yellow-orange colored building located between Little Havana and Little Haiti)
* complete 5 more assets (not including the Printing Works and the Protection Ring)
When you have done the things listed above you will get a phone call telling you to go to there Printing Works, which is where this mission starts.
Hints: Before you start the mission, try to have a good vehicle (car or bike) ready outside the Printing Works, as this will make the mission a bit easier. A car will make it easier to crash into the enemies, as they will be riding a motorbike, and if you use a motorbike you'll be able to shoot straight ahead - they choice it yours and either should work well.
As you start the mission, two men from the Mafia (Sonny Forelli's guys) will be riding on a Sanchez motorbike trying to get to one of your businesses. Your first task will be to hunt them down. Check your map to find out exactly where they are and to which nearby business they may be heading. I have found that they often start out heading to the Boatyard if you have completed that asset.
It probably doesn't matter much at this point if they actually get to the business and tax it before you reach them - just hunt them down.
The Mafia guys will be equipped with a shotgun and a M4 assault rifle. Try to take them out as quickly as possible, because the shotgun can be dangerous as it can throw Tommy to the ground and the M4 can do a lot of damage even at a distance. This will not be a problem if the enemies are riding their bike, since they can't use the shotgun or the assault rifle while on the bike.
When the first pair of Mafia guys are dead you will be given a message that more Mafia men are on their way. Look at your map and find where they are heading, go there and finish them off just like you did with the first pair of enemies. Then, a third pair will appear - just keep repeating the process, repairing your vehicle if you need to, possibly using the Pay 'N' Spray located close to the Printing Works or in Vice Port.
When you have killed the third pair of enemies the mission will be completed. Next, you'll receive a phone call to go to the Vercetti mansion for the last storyline mission, Keep Your Friends Close....
Thursday, April 17, 2008
People often ask me how to get the Hunter helicopter in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. As a response to this question I have created a video tutorial of how you can get the Hunter helicopter in less than 3 minutes without being shot at by the military guarding the Hunter (see video below).
For the Hunter helicopter to appear, you must either
- have collected 100 hidden packages, or
- have completed the last storyline mission, Keep Your Friends Close....
Once you have done either of the above the Hunter helicopter will become available at the army base located north of the Vice City airport. If you have completed both the last storyline mission and collected the 100 hidden packages then a second Hunter helicopter will spawn at the helipad located at the south tip of the eastern island, close to the hotel with the game's first safehouse.
This walkthrough assumes that you have completed the mission Cop Land (Tommy Vercetti/Lance Vance's (V) third mission after Rub Out), since finishing Cop Land unlocks the police uniform.
While it is true that you can get the Hunter helicopter without wearing a police uniform, I find it much better to wear such a uniform and thereby avoid getting shot at by the deadly military at the army base. Not only can the military hurt or kill Tommy, but the Hunter can also get heavy damage, making it less useful and fun to fly.
Friday, March 14, 2008
A gameplay walkthrough of the mission "Treacherous Swine" given by Colonel Cortez (C) in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
Summary: Having received a phone call from Cortez, Tommy heads down to the colonel's yacht. The colonel explains that one of his men, Gonzalez, may have had something to do with the failed dope deal. Tommy is sent to take care of Gonzalez, who is hiding at a penthouse appartment across town.
Requirements: Riot (L)
Suggested equipment: You get a chainsaw at the start of the missions and you may want to bring a gun with 20-30 bullets to make it easier.
Reward: $250 + Casual outfit delivered to Gash in The North Point Mall
Unlocks mission(s): Mall Shootout (C)
Hints: Gonzalez's is located close to where the second juror was in the mission Jury Fury. When the initial cutscene ends, just get a car (there should be some nice cars to choose from at the colonel's yacht) and drive across the island to the appartment building.
While the chainsaw given to you by Cortez at the beginning of the mission is enough for completing the mission successfully, you may want to get a gun, perhaps a pistol or sub machine gun. If you want such a gun, make sure you get it directly after the cutscene, before you head for Gonzalez. You may be able to find such a pistol for free close to where the colonel's yacht is located if you search the plants opposite the yacht.
When you get to the Gonzalez building you may want to park your vehicle a short distance from that building, between it and the Malibu Club. Since the cops will come after you when the hit is done, this can be a good head start when trying to escape them.
Entering the Gonzalez building you will see a short cutscene with Tommy and Gonzalez. He will try to run away from you while his two bodyguards will start to run to you and attack. The most effective things now is to use the chainsaw on the bodyguards by simply rushing through them with the chainsaw in attack mode and chasing after Gonzalez to the exit. (You may actually get to the exit before Gonzalez does, but this will not mean that you can kill him before he reaches the exit.)
When you exit the building, Gonzalez will start running toward the Malibu Club. He is very slow and you should have no problem catching up with him if you put away the chainsaw. When you reach him, either use the chainsaw or some gun and he should be done very quickly.
As Gonzalez dies you will get two wanted stars, meaning that the cops will start searching for and attacking you on sight. You will also be directed to go to the Pay 'N' Spray located pretty close by. Directly north of the Gonzalez building there is a police bride close to some bushes and palm trees - picking up this bribe will remove one wanted star and make it much easier to get to the Pay 'N' Spray.
Drive to the Pay 'N' Spray located north west of Gonzalez. You don't have to pay this time, just drive into the pink marker to finish this mission and getting rid of the remaining wanted star(s).
Monday, March 3, 2008
This is the reward you get for having sprayed 100 tags in Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas.
You get the following weapons respawning at CJ's house on Grove Street, Los Santos:
- Sawed-off shotgun
- Molotov cocktail
Completing all 100 spray tags will also count toward getting 100% game completion.
Next: Spray Tags #01-05
The Complete Spray Tags Video Guide